Saturday, January 3

Weird

Today feels weird.  A bit like this house.

Yes, I realise I've only been up for a short amount of time and it's probably too early to make that assessment...and it might have something to do with the fact that I live in the middle of a city of over 4 million people, and yet at 9.00am it is still unusually quiet.


I think I know the real reason why today feels weird though.


For the past 4 months, I've been self-employed. What this really means is that I've been unemployed, but with God still providing me with a level of income which exceeded (far exceeded) unemployment benefits, but which hasn't been enough to actually meet all our commitments (mortgageandallthatotherstuff).


Ouch.


The thing that impacted me more than not having enough, was that my tithe reduced. Even though we didn't have enough to pay what we needed to pay, we still had to give God His portion first...and I didn't like the fact that His portion was now so small.


But today is the last day of the last week of that season. Tomorrow is a new week, new worship, new fellowship, new opportunity, and then Monday is the start of my new job - which is a whole other story.   Hopefully life will all feel a bit less like this house then : I mean, it looks well built, with solid foundations, but something's just not quite right about it.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Praying for you and your new job!

David said...

Thanks Nate!