Tuesday, January 20

Oh. My. Goodness.

I really have no idea how it's happened. Well, OK, I do...

There was never any intention to leave it so long between posts. I guess 4 days isn't really that long, and it helps make up for the times I posted more than once per day earlier in the month, but still...

What's been "preventing" me has been has been the project that I blogged about back here. It's very contagious for me, and very boring for my long-suffering wife. But I never intended for it to stop me spending a few minutes sharing my space shaping adventures.

Today is day 2 of my new job without the predecessor being here. I've spent a considerable portion of those two days moving offices - always fun - and am now surrounded my piles of paper. I don't usually work that way - I'm generally very "filed" - so I'm a bit on edge about it.

There's been a couple of opportunities to be an influencer in the way things are done, but I'm mainly taking a 'get-along-side-and-find-out-what-makes-you-tick' approach so that when the real changes are made (and there are going to be changes, there needs to be) it comes from someone who has established relationship.

And someone prepared to say "no". That bit will be really hard. I've been reading a lot lately about leadership v management, and being able to say "no" is one of the differentiation points apparently. As long as I do this by adding God's addendum of "in love", that wisdom I and others have been praying for will be evidentiary and not just theory.

Evidentiary - I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to use that word before. I like :-) Much better than fiduciary. If more people in fiduciary roles sought to ensure there was adequate evidentiary material, the world economy may not have imploded. Oh wait, that was greed wasn't it...

0 comments: