Saturday, January 24

Manhood

I know, I'm a sop - my wife would wholeheartedly agree. Just see my last post for evidence.

What a great way to start a post titled 'Manhood' !

I've thought about doing a post on something more masculine, but truth be told, I'm not stereotypically masculine.

And I say that in full confidence of my masculinity, because it's much more about characteristics we find in the Bible than what the world would have us believe. Like duh...

For example, I want to be a Psalm 1 Man. Nowhere in there do I see a requirement for me to get excited about power tools/cars/sports/fishing/wrestling/guns, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just saying that for me it would be totally unnatural. And the last thing I want to be is someone I'm not - I've tried that, it's neither big nor clever.

So if I write about leadership, worship, wisdom - it's me being me, and not trying to be someone I'm not. In Christ, I have the strength to stop fighting that battle and did so a while back.

All of which means when I get a high score in this (thanks to Fred for getting me there), I'm in no way ashamed - that's who I am, no pressure. Srsly. It's all part of a pressure-free life and ministry, as Jesus Culture say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey David, so ur "engine grease" tweet was sorta hypothertical huh?;)kidding aside, this post is a great one in a way that one does not have to comform to any society or pop culture. Being who you truly are, being the being that God created you to be is all that matters my brutha! ..so.. sushi someday?

Unknown said...

im not very masculine either.

Me... said...

ha!
i like this post.
i agree.

There really is no sense in doing something or being somebody that you aren't. I recently learned this and said "ha! ok."
and when i did finally learn that- doors were opened in my personal life, in ministry that i had been waiting for to open.
All because I decided to quit chasing a stereotype.

i think i just copy it and put in on my blog.
muchas gracias