Friday, January 2

Something that changed my life...

With a title like that, you'll be expecting something much grander than what follows...but this truly has changed my world.

Admittedly, not in the same way as what Jesus has done and is doing for me, and not in the same way as being husband to the world's most wonderful woman either, but still...


Yes...you read that right...a website allowing Java downloads of lots of Bibles has changed my life.

I guess it's not quite as ridiculous as it sounds - it is the Word of God after all. What makes this one special is just how usable it is. I've got a Nokia E71 (which is a whole other life-changing thing, and I recommend to anyone who likes the concept of Blackberrys without actually liking the reality, and thinks the iPhone just isn't up to scratch for typing) which isn't noted as a supported phone on the site. But if your phone allows Java applications (and many do), this Bible is brilliant.

Now, there's lots of KJV & NKJV Bibles available for various phone platforms, and plenty of audio versions for MP3 players too, but since this isn't a techie blog I'm not going into all of that (and I don't pretend to understand most of it anyway)...but this site includes translations and transliterations like The Message and the Amplified. As I said before, Brilliant!

So - change your life and put the Bible on your phone. Just remember to read it too of course, so no matter where you are or what you're doing (except maybe swimming) you can have God's Word right at your fingertips - searchable, bookmarkable, unchanging, true.

0 comments: