Monday, January 5

In the Beginning


Today, the first Monday of 2009, began like most other days in Australia. The sun rose into a clear blue sky, the birds began singing, the cat blinkingly looked at me as I got out of bed, and my wonderful wife slept on beautifully.


Nothing out of the ordinary. And nothing like Escher's interpretation of day two of creation over there. But what a great picture!

What was out of the ordinary was that for the first time in 4 months, I got ready to go to work. Sure, I'd done a bit of that in the intervening period, but generally the appointments I had were scattered throughout the day and evening, rarely early.

Today was different.

Except it wasn't. You see, the place I was going to work I already knew very very well. Probably very very very well. In fact, I'd worked there before.

Up until 4 months ago actually.

What the???

The sequence of events is too long and complicated to go into here. In fact, this post is already longer than I'd intended, but you've possibly worked out I suffer from typarrhoea by this stage anyway. Suffice to say that God worked some amazing miracles to bring it all about. With a significant pay rise, and totally new role - I'm now the General Manager (which would be the Chief Operating Officer if I was in corporate USA rather than Australia ;-)

I did say it was weird, huh! Our God certainly is the Master of surprises ;-)

0 comments: