Thursday, January 1

Effective

It's only a few hours old, but I know this year is going to bring something new in a way I've never experienced, and I know that extends way beyond me.


2008 also brought plenty of new things : some of which I was prepared for, some not.  Some were "nice", some were not.  Some were scary, some were not.  All have helped to shape where I am today - the very beginning of a brand new year.

This year, no matter what it brings, I want to be more effective:
- effective as husband
- effective as minister
- effective as servant
- effective as manager
- effective as friend
- effective as child
...there's undoubtedly more to add to that list.

The best way to be effective is for me to be making the BHAG** of this blog happen - to mould the world I live in, to shape this space - by God being reflected in everything coming out of me by thought, word, deed; by the Holy Spirit's power being my every breath; by Jesus' testimony being my testimony as I become more like Him.

Lofty goals maybe.  But what good is a mediocre life?  And in reality, these are not goals in and of themselves; they are the boundaries within which all my goals need to fit...and I don't mean sitting somewhere near the bottom left corner of the huge space these boundaries keep...I mean pushing right up to the edges, overflowing.  I have some work to do !

"For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power (making it active, operative, energizing and effective); it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (the soul) and (the immortal) spirit, and of joints and marrow (of the deepest parts of our nature), exposing (and) sifting (and) analyzing (and) judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart."       Hebrews 4:12    Amplified Bible

**BHAG = big, hairy, audacious goal ;-)

0 comments: