Thursday, February 5

Your love is like a heatwave (heatwave!)

I'm not really sure how to start this. The title doesn't give a good idea of the content really. Great song though

Maybe it should just be a fluff post, we all need those from time to time (I took all of 3 days to get to my first one I think) and it's been a while since a pure fluff post here, hasn't it?

Well...cute as these pics are, it's also a sad reminder that our wildlife is fragile, and with all the bad weather events happening at the moment around the world (we've got floods and heatwaves while the upper hemisphere freezes), these pics are a bit poignant as well, for me anyway.

So here we have an adorable young koala who has clearly become so heatstressed in the extreme conditions (days and days of +40C or +105F temps) that it was forced...
(a) out of its eucalypt tree, which is bizarre enough behaviour,
(b) into the shade of a house,
(c) to allow the inhabitants of said house to look after it, and
(d) to actually drink some water!
All totally irregular behaviour for a wild koala - or any koala when it comes to drinking; they usually get all their requirements from eucalypt leaves.

So, everyone together now...awwwwwwww.



Now, I'm sure I need to credit someone with giving me these photos, but as I've received the email from nearly everyone in Australia (perhaps a slight exaggeration), consider this my thanks :)

4 comments:

Jenni Clayville said...

OMG... that is so cute. Sorry about the heatwave though.

Me... said...

wow... that's not in your house is it?

Mark Thomas said...

Ridiculously cute. I had no idea that koalas don't normally drink water. Shows how much I know about Australia!

Derek Chalfant said...

We have the opposite here in Indiana temperature wise, it was around 4 degrees yesterday morning, want us to send some of that your way? Cool pics too.