Wednesday, February 4

A Little Taste

(After a few aborted attempts earlier today, I've gone with another 'brand' of embedded playlist which seems to obey and not autoplay when it's told not to...I don't like the adverts it chooses to put at the bottom of itself, but such is life)

Along with some questions being asked on other blogs, for me this week is becoming a bit of a journey through history, so in further response to my Monday post, here's some of the music that has spewed forth along the way.

The playlist is basically in reverse chronological order, and includes...
(a) "Unchangeable Truth v2.0" (yes, I know that's somewhat ironic titling) - added some hall reverb while keeping the initimacy of the vocal, also boosted the bass slightly (maybe too much?) and dropped the lead vocal to sit better in the mix. I need some studio monitors for the study!
(b) "I Am There" - the first thing I recorded in Garageband, all of 6 weeks ago. The lyric was written by a netfriend in NYC for another friend of hers who'd been through some major challenges; everything else is my contribution.
(c) "A Lover's Song" - our wedding song, which was a surprise for my wife when we danced to it; we were both a bit overcome I think.
(d) "Your Smile" - a 70s/80s MOR love ballad pop song, which got played on local radio a few times when it was done, yonks ago.

There's a reasonable amount of diversity in there, which might go part of the way to explaining my 'probably not expecting this' statement on Monday. The diversity covers everything from style to the quality of the songwriting/singing/recording; quite apart from whether it was done in a real studio and mastered, or by me in the study. Regardless, all fun.

'Course, this doesn't cover anything I recorded before I started writing my own music...maybe later...maybe...

Comments always welcome, including criticism (maybe especially the criticism, cos I can't get better if all I get is praise or silence ;)

3 comments:

mandy said...

So THIS is the kind of stuff Garageband can do!?
I need to figure mine out. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff man! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog!!
Awesome sounds bro! Quite impressive!