Saturday, February 7

Shake the Disease

This week I've had the privilege of helping one of my staff make some positive steps to get out of a rut he's been in. There's been a few tears along the way for both of us, and that's OK.

He doesn't know Jesus as his Lord, but he knows of Him. So in my search for a third-party counsellor who could help out and be completely unbiased, I was amazed and thrilled at how easy it was to find people who were both business-focussed and Christian.

So I'm praying for the seeds sown to be watered and tended over these next few months as we rearrange a few areas to enable this young man, who has never worked anywhere else in his life, to "shake the disease" of disinterest, regain the professional respect of this colleagues, and shine.

Acknowledging its existence is half the battle; there's still a long way to go until victory can be claimed. But he (we) will.

Meanwhile, some vintage Depeche Mode. I have no idea whether he knew this song would come flooding to my mind as soon as he used the title phrase - he knows I'm a Depche fan - but it did nonetheless.

3 comments:

Me... said...

I'll be praying for your co-worker and for you.

Depeche Mode.
(i think i spelled that right- too lazy to double check)

wow.
thats vintage

Nathan said...

Awesome! Way to plants seeds in the work place!

Pokinatcha said...

Yes, it will!