Monday, February 9

Fire and Flood and Thankfulness

This past week, it has been really bizarre to be complaining about the heat in Sydney, because:

- Up north, 60% of Queensland was underwater with floods (that's like France and Spain, btw...Qld is Australia's second largest state, and 60% being underwater means a really big area)

- Down south, the worst bushfires in Australian history are blazing. As I write this, 108 people are confirmed dead, 750 homes have been lost, and it's far from over.

What on earth do I have to complain about here in my cushy life? Nothing at all. Sure my situation isn't perfect - whose is? - but what I don't have pales in comparison to the tragedy unfolding around me everyday, and I mean everyday, not just in the midst of these epic tragedies.

So I weep with those who are weeping, rejoice at how the nation is pulling together in support of those who have lost, and express my thankfulness - for life & Life.

1 comments:

Pokinatcha said...

Wow! Those are some amazing photos! Praying! That's terrible to think that some of those fire may have been set on purpose.