Wednesday, February 11

A New (Personal) Record

Earlier today, I tweeted about the number of meetings I was having with staff.

Most were brief and of the "hey, howyadoin'?" variety, some a bit longer, all vital for me keeping my finger on the pulse of this company and its' most precious resource - the people.

After nearly 10 hours, I'm a little spaced, but I've managed to fit in 15 meetings - that's nearly half the permanents, and I saw a couple of the casuals too.

In retrospect, this might be a bit much in one day (especially since I'll likely be doing the other half tomorrow), but most of my staff don't work onsite for the vast majority of the time and I'm taking the opportunity while it's there.

In more exciting news (probably), my "long-awaited" blog transfer to the competition is getting closer...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooo, ooo, ooo! wordpress...here comes david!

yay!!!

Nathan said...

Oh meetings . . .

I guess it depends what kind they are. Sometimes I enjoy them, and other times I can't stand them!